Review and explain
These activities will help you to review your work and be able to explain factors which influence tourists’ decision-making.
Tourists, when deciding on where they want to visit, consider a number of different factors that will have an influence on their decision-making.
- Destination reputation
- Destination features
- Technological developments
Explain how financial factors can influence tourists’ decision making.
Most tourists form their own expectations of a destination.
You need to think about
- Is the destination going to be interesting enough to meet the tourists’ needs?
- Will the destination have enough appropriate entertainment to meet the tourists’ needs?
- Can the destination offer enough relaxation to meet the tourists’ needs?
- Can the destination offer sufficient excitement for particular tourists?
Think about different tourist types.
Identify the expectations of a family travelling with two children aged 3 and 5.
Are they the same needs and expectations of a couple who are travelling without children to a chosen destination?
Explain the expectations of the couple.