In the list below are 10 things which an employee could ask or mention to a regular customer of an organisation. You can also see the list on the downloadable document below.
For each of the 10 statements, give a score out of 5 for how important it might be to the customer. You will need to download the document for this activity.
When you have made your decisions, discuss your answers with your classmates.
- Address the customer appropriately.
- Inform them of any problems on the day.
- Remind them of the benefits of the membership scheme or loyalty card scheme of which they are a member.
- Ask them if they would like to book extra services.
- Know and greet them by their name.
- Ask them what their plans are for their visit/stay.
- Inform them of any new offers or services.
- Ask how they are.
- Ask about their friends or family.
- Ask if they would like to update or renew their membership.