In the table below is a list of items which a theme park could set as social objectives. Read through the list and tick 5 objectives which you consider to be the most important. Discuss your choices with your classmates.
Our objective over the next year will be to:
- Ensure that all our employees are paid 50p per hour more than the minimum wage.
- Provide all our permanent staff with 5 days of training.
- Employ 5 new staff with additional or special needs.
- Ensure that for all our permanent employees, their family members are provided with free annual passes.
- Ensure that at least 50% of the food sold on site will be produced in the local area.
- Ensure that there is no noise from the park after 11 pm at night.
- Ensure that all souvenirs are produced ethically and not employing child labour.
- Ensure that all applicants from the local area are invited for interview.
- Employ at least 10 apprentices from the local area.
- Ensure that all employees working after 9pm at night are provided with free transport home.
- Ensure that all our permanent staff are offered free private medical cover.
- provide all our staff with a canteen facility with subsidised meals.